Darkroom31. July 2017
Become a manCheck volunteer2. August 2017
You think you can intensify your sexual experiences by slamming? It’s understandable. But please keep in mind that slamming and the consumption of Crystal (Tina) are also very risky. If you have not yet slammed, weigh up the benefits and risks in order to make the most appropriate decision about how you want to consume.
Slamming can lead to a variety of physical and mental health problems and it can become very difficult to control consumption.
There is no such thing as risk-free consumption, but there are less risky forms of consumption that can still be used to enhance your pleasure during sex. If you do decide to slam, take note of this safer use information:
- Inform yourself about the substance(s) you want to use/combine.
- When slamming, use your own, new and unused utensils (syringe, cannula, filter, sterile water, swab and container for drawing up) each time – do not share!
- Raise only from your own container.
- To avoid abscesses and sores, draw up the drug without a cannula and use a filter. Then you can remove the filter and put on the cannula.
- You can also snort Crystal – just use your own straw.
- When consumed via the intestinal mucosa (“up your bum”), injuries can occur and favour transmission of Hep C, HIV and other STI. Nevertheless, this form of consumption is vein-friendly and preferable to injecting.
- For example, you can use coloured rings to mark your utensils and make them easier to find.
- Guide first aid in (drug) emergencies (german).
- For more information on first aid for Chemsex emergencies, click here.
SAFER SLAMMING / Crystal (Tina) Slam Packs & Support
Slam packs containing syringe, cannula, filter, sterile water, swabs and container for mounting are available:
- In the syringe machine
- On site with the SIDEKICKS.BERLIN teams
Slam Packs and consulting
anonymous, confidential, uncomplicated
Counselling on safer slamming, injection and vein counselling, anonymous & free treatment of wounds and abscesses possible among others on. Locations and dates can be found on the project website of fixpunkt berlin and Mobilix Test it-Kreuzberg.
Test counselling centre for gay and bisexual men as well as trans* and inter* persons, Hermannstraße 256-258, 12049 Berlin-Neukölln. Testing for HIV, HCV, syphilis, chlamydia and gonococci: Mon to Fri 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.